About the Hall

The Memorial Hall originally opened in 1921 and has served the community admirably as a hub of the village ever since.  Project 2000 was started with the purpose of refurbishing the Memorial Hall to bring its facilities up to the highest standard.  The renewed Hall was formally opened in November 1998 and has proved to be an extremely popular venue for events.  The Memorial Hall provides Whittlesford and the surrounding villages with a venue for classes, quizzes, parties and plays.  If you’d like to join in any of these activities or just see who uses the Hall regularly, have a look at the Regular User Groups section of the site.

The Memorial Hall is managed on behalf of the Whittlesford Parish Council by a small but effective team.  As part of the Millennium Project, the Hall is inspected regularly by the Millennium Commission and is governed by the rules of the Charity Commission.  The Hall is financed through hirings in such a way that sufficient funds are available to maintain it in pristine condition and constantly improve upon and expand the facilities for users.

Advertisements